The Truly Amazing Wall Program is really a full scholarship established through the Chinese Secretary of state for Educationfor the Un Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to sponsor students and students in developing countries to review and conduct research in China.
1. Supporting Category
This program only supports general scholars and senior scholars.
This scholarship covers, in general, one academic year of study.
3. Language Instruction
Scholarship recipients who’re accepted into Chinese-trained programs and who’re without sufficient Chinese proficiency are needed to obtain the approval from both CSC and UNESCO for just one academic year Oriental study.
The Truly Amazing Wall Program supplies a full scholarship which provides coverage for tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive health care insurance. Please make reference to Summary of CGS-Coverage and Standard for information on the items.
UNESCO covers worldwide travel fare, a regular monthly pocket allowance along with a termination allowance. For details please make reference to the Announcement Letter at
III When and where to use
Where you can Apply
You need to affect the nation’s Commission for UNESCO in your house country.
When you should Apply
You have to apply between early The month of january and early April. Please consult the nation’s Commission for UNESCO in your house country for that specific deadline of every year.
1. Applicant must be a citizen of a ed countryas listedin http://www.unesco.org/new/en/fellowships/programmes/unescopeoples-republic-of-china-the-great-wall-co-sponsored-fellowships-programme/
2. Applicant must not be a citizen of the People’s Republic of China
3. Applicant must be in good health, both physically and mentally
4. Applicant must be a holder of bachelor’s or master’s degree or their equivalent
5. be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma （or higher） when applying for the general scholar programs;
6. be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor （or above） under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
Step 1 – Apply to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country;
Step 2–（Optional） Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students（Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to sign in), submit online the finished Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a printed. Please consult the UNESCO Announcement Letter or even the Great Wall Fellowship Program website for Instructions of CSC Online Application System for Worldwide Students and Agency Number
Step Three – Please email a scanned copy from the complete application documents to Ms. Lydie Ndobo-Mackongo at email@example.com
Step Four -once you have sent the scanned copy of application documents, submit all of the original from the application documents towards the National Commission for UNESCO in your house country prior to the deadline.
Only applying suggested candidates from UNESCO is going to be considered. Effective candidates who’ve been pre-accepted with a college will get the official admission notice to verify their placement within the pre-acknowledging college. Other effective candidates will get college placement as assigned by CSC.
Mire Application Documents (in duplicate)
1. Form for Chinese Government Scholarship(in Chinese or British) with 3 photos
2. Notarized greatest diploma
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document from the college of the current enrollmentto prove your student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages apart from Chinese or British should be that come with notarized Chinese or British translations
3. Academic transcripts (in Chinese or British)
Transcripts in languages apart from Chinese or British should be that come with notarized Chinese or British translations.
4. Two Recommendation Letters (in Chinese or British)
Applicants for that senior fellowship programs must submit two recommendation letters by professors or affiliate professors
5. A CD of your works (only needed for arts students)
Applicants for music research is requested to submit a CD that belongs to them musical works. Applicants for that fine arts programs must submit a CD that belongs to them works including two sketches, two color works of art and 2 other works.
6. Research Plan or Research Proposal (in Chinese or British)
This ought to be no less than 500 words
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy), (in British. Please download from http://world wide web.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://world wide web.campuschina.org). The physical examination must take care of all the products indexed by the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms with no signature from the attending physician, or even the official stamp from the hospital, or perhaps a sealed photograph from the applicant will beconsidered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule because applies for just 6 several weeks.
8. The copy of Pre-admission Letter from designated Chinese college (optional)
9. The copy of valid HSK Certificate(optional).
All documents ought to be bound together on the top left corner within the order of 6.1 to six.9.
You need to submit TWO teams of bound documents.
No application documents is going to be came back.
VII Placement & Scholarship Confirmation
1. Application documents of suggested candidates from UNESCO is going to be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications won’t be considered.
2. Qualified applications will be delivered to universities for placement. According to various factors, like the different scholarship funding needs of each and every country, the host university’s teaching capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the authority to make necessary adjustments/changes towards the candidate’s host college, field of study, supporting groups and time period of scholarship. Applications enclosed using the Pre-admission Letter will be delivered to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation.
3. After placement confirmation by Chinese universities, scholarship recipients can get Chinese government scholarships to review in China with approval by CSC. Each scholarship recipient is going to be granted with a maximum of one scholarship.
4. After reviewing the position results andapproving their email list of Scholarship Recipients, CSC willsend the admission documents towards the Permanent Delegation from the P. R. China to UNESCO before This summer 31st. The Permanent Delegation from the P. R. China to UNESCO will inform UNESCO from the result. UNESCO will be sending an award letter to any or all effective applicants using the admission documents (Listing of Scholarship Recipients and Visa Form for Study in China (JW201)).
5. Scholarship recipients shall not change their host college, field of study, or time period of study unless of course they provide in the grant.
6. Scholarship won’t be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register prior to the registration deadline.
Ms. Lydie Ndobo-Mackongo
Focal Point for the Great Wall Fellowship Program
Participation Programme and Fellowships Section