WMO Program is really a partial scholarship (together with a tuition waiver, accommodation, and health care insurance) established by MOE for World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to sponsor worldwide students to review and conduct research in meteorology, hydrology, and water sources supervision & management in China.
1. Supporting Category
The program supports undergraduate students, master students and doctorate students.
The scholarship covers both major study and Oriental study, as specified by the Admission Letter. It support undergraduates for a maximum of 5 academic years, master students for a maximum of 3 academic years, or doctorate students for a maximum of 4 academic years.
3. Instruction Language
Undergraduate scholarship recipients must sign up for Chinese-trained credit courses. Students of Chinese-trained programs without sufficient Chinese proficiency will need to take one-year OrientalOrbasic study. Graduated pupils must sign up for British-trained credit courses.
The majors are restricted to Meteorology, Hydrology and Water Sources Monitoring & Management.
This can be a partial scholarship which provides coverage for a tuition waiver, accommodation, and comprehensive health care insurance. Please make reference to Summary of CGS-Coverage and Standard for information on the items.
Where to Apply
You should apply to WMO Secretariat.
When to Apply
You have to apply from early The month of january to finish of Feb. Please consult the WMO Secretariat for that specific deadline of every year.
1. Applicants should be a citizen of the country apart from the People’s Republic of China, and become in good condition
2. The needs for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
-be considered a senior high school graduate younger than 25 when trying to get the undergraduate programs
-be considered a bachelor’s degree holder younger than 35 when trying to get the master’s programs
-be considered a master’s degree holder younger than 40 when trying to get the doctorate programs.
Step One – Affect WMO Secretariat for CGS chance.
Step Two – Affect your target college for that Pre-admission Letter once suggested by WMO Secretariat being an qualified candidate.
Step Three – Complete the internet application procedure at CSC Online Application System for Worldwide Students
(Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org and click on “Application Online” to sign in), submit online the finished Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a printed. You need to consult WMO Secretariat for Instructions of CSC Online Application System for Worldwide Students and Agency Number.
Step Four – Submit all of your application documents to WMO Secretariat prior to the deadline.
Only applying suggested candidates from WMO Secretariat is going to be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter is going to be put into the host college individuals with no Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s keeping college.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（written in Chinese or English）;
2. Notarized highest diploma;
Documents in languages apart from Chinese or British should be that come with notarized Chinese or British translations. Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document from your present school to demonstrate your present student status or expected graduation date.
3. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Undergraduate applicants must submit transcripts of the senior high school graduation examinations. Other applicants must submit their academic transcripts. Transcripts in languages apart from Chinese or British should be that come with notarized Chinese or British translations.
4. Research Plan or Research Proposal (designed in Chinese or British)
This ought to be no less than 200 words for undergraduate students, and 800 words for graduated pupils.
5. Two Recommendation Letters (designed in Chinese or British)
Applicants for that graduate programs must submit two recommendation letters signed with a professor or perhaps an affiliate professor.
6. Valid Documents of the Legal Guardians in China (only needed for applicants younger than 18)
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy), (designed in British, obtainable from
The physical examinations must take care of all the products indexed by the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms with no signature from the attending physician, or even the official stamp from the hospital, or perhaps a sealed photograph from the applicant are thought as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule because applies for just 6 several weeks.
8. The copy of Pre-admission Letter from designated Chinese college (if available)
9. The copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available).
All documents ought to be bound together on the top left corner within the order of 6.1 to six.9.
You need to submit TWO teams of bound documents.
No application documents is going to be came back.
1. Application documents of suggested candidates from WMO is going to be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications won’t be considered.
2. Qualified applications will be delivered to universities for placement. According to various factors, like the different scholarship funding needs of each and every country, the host university’s teaching capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the authority to make necessary adjustments/changes towards the candidate’s host college, field of study, supporting groups and time period of scholarship. Applications enclosed using the Pre-admission Letter will be delivered to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation.
3. After placement confirmation by Chinese universities, scholarship recipients can get Chinese government scholarships to review in China with approval by CSC. Each scholarship recipient is going to be granted with a maximum of one scholarship.
4. CSC looks at the placement results, approves their email list of Scholarship Recipients and transmits the admission documents to WMO Secretariat before June 15th. WMO Secretariat will be sending the admission documents (Listing of Scholarship Recipients, Admission Letter and Visa Form for Study in China (JW201)) towards the scholarship recipients.
5. Scholarship recipients shall not change their host college, field of study, or time period of study unless of course they provide in the grant.
6. Scholarship won’t be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register prior to the registration deadline.
Education and Fellowships Division
Development and Regional Activities Department
World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
Address: 7 bis, Avenue de la Paix, Case postale 2300, CH 1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland.
Tel: +41 22 730 8156
Fax: +41 22 730 8181